Watch Devin Brown and the Ohio State Buckeyes live without cable on the device of your choice, including Apple TV, Samsung Smart TV, Roku, and more.
Table of Contents
- Our top live-stream picks
- Ohio State football channels
- Ohio State football schedule + channels
- Can I watch Ohio State football on Fubo?
- Can I watch Ohio State football on Hulu + Live TV?
- Can I watch Ohio State football on DIRECTV STREAM?
- Can I watch Ohio State football on YouTube TV?
- Can I watch Ohio State football on Paramount+?
- Can I watch Ohio State football on Peacock?
- Watching Ohio State football FAQ
- More Big Ten Teams
The Buckeyes last won the national championship in 2015, in the first year of the College Football Playoff. Ezekiel Elliot’s famous 85 yard touchdown nicknamed “85 yards through the heart of the south” sealed the victory over Alabama, and is one of my all time favorite moments watching sports. Can OSU and Ryan Day “win a natty” in the first year of the CFP’s twelve team format?
The defensive line may be the deciding factor. The player I will most have my eye on will be, JT Tuimoloau (#44). Tuimoloau, one of many 5-star recruits on the OSU defense, showed star potential in 2022, and many in Columbus expect a huge season from JT in the 2023 campaign. Tuimoloau came alive in the 4th quarter of the Notre Dame game, securing a key sack that helped the Buckeyes get the ball back with enough time for the game winning drive.
Keep an eye on both Tuimoloau and Jack Sawyer against Michigan’s new LT and RT in the Game come November. Tuimoloau will likely be lining up against Ladarius Henderson a UM transfer from ASU who most expect will start at LT for the Wolverines. Henderson is a natural guard who may have a tough time blocking a dominant pass rusher like Tuimoloau. The Michigan beat writers at On3 have already expressed concern about the Michigan offensive line this season. If their play doesn’t improve, the Buckeyes will get their first win in two years against “that Team Up North.”
Our top live-stream picks
DIRECTV STREAM, Fubo, Hulu + Live TV, and YouTube TV all offer full coverage of the 2023 OSU football season. With all of the new Big Ten football channels in the base package, plus Bally Sports Ohio for watching the Blue Jackets and Reds, our top pick for watching Buckeyes football live this season is Fubo.
Fubo is easy and intuitive to setup, and will offer FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff in 4K on supported devices. As an added bonus, with Fubo’s “record my teams” feature Buckeye fans can record the entire season to DVR automatically with the click of a button.
Watch WTTE FOX 28 Columbus, ESPN, WBNS-TV CBS 10 for Bengals games, Big Ten Network, FS1, and Bally Sports Ohio.
$74.99 / month
|7 Day Free Trial
ABC, CBS, FOX, ESPN, FS1, Big Ten Network, and Bally Sports Ohio.
$99.99 / month
|5 Day Free Trial
Watch WTTE FOX 28 Columbus, ESPN, WBNS-TV CBS 10 for Bengals games, Big Ten Network, and FS1. Upgrade for NFL Sunday Ticket.
$72.99 / month
|14 Day Free Trial
Ohio State football channels
Under the Big Ten’s new TV deal, the most important channels for watching Ohio State football in 2023 will be: CBS, FOX, NBC, and Big Ten Network.
FOX will still have first pick of Big Ten games for its Big Noon Kickoff series and will also carry the Big Ten Championship game.
Ohio State football schedule + channels
|Sep 2, 2023
|Sep 9, 2023
|vs Youngstown St.
|Sep 16, 2023
|vs W. Kentucky
|Sep 23, 2023
|@ Notre Dame
|Notre Dame Stadium
|Oct 7, 2023
|Oct 14, 2023
|Oct 21, 2023
|vs Penn State
|Oct 28, 2023
|Camp Randall Stadium
|Nov 4, 2023
|Nov 11, 2023
|vs Michigan St.
|Nov 18, 2023
|Nov 25, 2023
Can I watch Ohio State football on Fubo?
fuboTV is one my top pick for watching Big Ten Football without cable, and so it will probably come as no surprise that I love the platform for Buckeyes fans as well. First, fuboTV is fast and easy to setup, so if you’re rushing to get a streaming service in place right before kickoff, Fubo is a solid choice.
- Not only does fuboTV carry all the channels you need to live stream the Buckeyes, including Big Ten Network in the base package, but the service also allows fans to automatically record a team’s entire season to DVR rather than having to go game by game.
- Ohio State football is on FOX’s Big Noon Kickoff several times a year. Not only does Fubo carry FOX affiliates nationwide, including WTTE FOX 28 Columbus, but the platform also supports 4K streaming for many college football games.
- One of our biggest concerns with the streaming industry is rising costs. fuboTV shows respect for its customers wallets by allowing fans who only sign up for football to pause their subscription while NCAAF and the NFL is in the off-season. I have used this feature and it is transparent and easy. fuboTV comes with 1,000 hours of DVR storage and users can cancel at anytime, there are no long term contracts required to sign-up.
- Fubo is also our top pick for streaming the NFL, including the Browns and Bengals, and it’s easy to watch Monday Night Football with a Fubo subscription as well.
- Although the future of Bally Sports Ohio is in doubt after the Diamond Sports bankruptcy, Fubo does carry Bally Sports Ohio for watching Columbus Blue Jackets games.
- Only 1,000 hours of DVR storage
- Lacks TNT and TBS
Read our fuboTV review for sports fans.
Can I watch Ohio State football on Hulu + Live TV?
While we prefer the user experience of Fubo, Hulu + Live TV carries all the channels you need to live stream Buckeye football for the 2023 season.
Read our Hulu + Live TV review.
Can I watch Ohio State football on DIRECTV STREAM?
Yes, DirecTV Stream gets you all the channels you need to watch Big Ten Football, including the Buckeyes.
- Full coverage of the Buckeyes minus Peacock games
- The main advantage of DIRECTV STREAM over Fubo is the unlimited DVR storage for every package.
- If you’re an Ohio sports fan and want to watch the Columbus Blue Jackets, Reds baseball, Cleveland baseball, or the Cavs, then DirecTV Stream “Choice” is a good pick because the app also offers Bally Sports Ohio and Bally Sports Great Lakes, the regional sports networks that broadcast these teams to local fans.
- Unfortunately, they only offer Big Ten Network in their premium “Choice” package which is pricey.
Read our DirecTV Stream sports review.
Can I watch Ohio State football on YouTube TV?
Although a Google account is required to sign up, it’s hard not to love YouTube TV for watching football.
- Full Buckeye coverage minus Peacock games
- The platform carries all the channels you need to live stream Buckeye football under the Big Ten’s new TV deal
- YouTube TV sets itself apart with innovation. Stats View and Key Plays are my favorite features on any sports streaming app, and for NFL Fantasy Football fans, YouTube TV’s mobile app integrates in real-time with NFL.com fantasy leagues.
- New for 2023, YouTube TV is offering its 4K Plus add-on at the affordable rate of $4.99 per month for new users, and in a major sports media coup, YouTube TV is the new home for NFL Sunday Ticket, the NFL’s sought after out-of-market streaming package.
- Requires a Google account to sign up
- Lacks Bally Sports Ohio & Great Lakes
Read our YouTube TV review for sports fans.
Can I watch Ohio State football on Paramount+?
Yes, new for 2023, NCCAF football fans can watch a handful of Big Ten games on CBS, as well as Paramount+. This is not a solution for watching the Buckeyes entire season, just the games that air on CBS under the new Big Ten TV deal.
- Watch OSU football on CBS
- Missing most games, including the Ohio State vs. Michigan game
Can I watch Ohio State football on Peacock?
There are two types of Ohio State football games that can be streamed on Peacock. NBC’s new Big 10 football franchise, Big Ten Saturday Night, will be simulcast on Peacock.
In addition, there will be 8 Big 10 games each season that air exclusively on Peacock.
- Watch NBC simulcasts including Notre Dame game
- Only option for exclusive Peacock games
- Lacks most Ohio State football games
Watching Ohio State football FAQ
No, you can’t watch Ohio State football games on ESPN+. ESPN+ only carries smaller college football matchups, and for the first time in 40 years, ESPN doesn’t have the TV rights to air Big Ten Football, which means OSU will only appear on ESPN in the College Football Playoff. Ohio State’s lowest-tier matchups will air on Big Ten Network, not ESPN+.
It depends on the market and what channel OSU is on. Sling TV doesn’t carry FOX, CBS, or NBC in Columbus without adding an air antenna. Sling TV Blue + Sports Extra gets Buckeye fans Big Ten Network and FS1, but you can’t watch most Buckeye football games from Columbus on Sling TV. Sling TV Blue + Sports Extra is a good option for OSU fans in Chicago, but not for those that live in Ohio.
Yes, every major live TV streaming service’s app is compatible with Roku devices, including YouTube TV, DIRECTV STREAM, fuboTV, and Hulu.
Not normally, no. However, for 2023, the Buckeyes will be simulcast on Peacock when they appear in NBC’s Big Ten Saturday Night prime time game and are also eligible to appear in an exclusive Peacock broadcast once a season under the terms of the Big Ten’s new TV deal. The 2023 Ohio State vs. Notre Dame game will also be simulcast on Peacock.
Ohio State vs. Michigan will be broadcast again in 2023 by FOX affiliates nationwide. The Game will be a noon eastern kickoff live from Michigan Stadium in Ann Arbor.