In Week 3 of the NFL season, Grady Jarrett and the Atlanta Falcons take on the Detroit Lions from Detroit. Here is how to watch the 1:00 ET kickoff live without cable on FOX.
Table of Contents
- What channel is the Falcons game on today?
- Can I watch the Falcons on Fubo?
- Can I watch the Falcons on Sling TV?
- Can I watch the Falcons on DIRECTV STREAM?
- Can I watch the Falcons on Hulu + Live TV?
- Can I watch the Falcons on YouTube TV?
- How to watch the Falcons out-of-market
- Why NFL+ is a great option for watching the Falcons and saving money
- Atlanta Falcons player to watch – #70
- Watching the Falcons FAQ
- Find Your NFL Team By Conference
Our top pick for watching the Atlanta Falcons live without cable, Fubo, carries WAGA-TV, FOX 5 Atlanta, ESPN, CBS, and NBC, and also offers an upgrade to watch the Braves and Hawks on Bally Sports Southeast. Out-of-market Falcons fans can watch the team by adding NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube TV.
For local Falcons fans that plan to stream games on mobile or a tablet, NFL+ offers by far the best value.
Watch WAGA-TV, FOX 5 Atlanta, ESPN, CBS, NBC, and upgrade for Atlanta pro sports in-market on Bally Sports Southeast.
$74.99 / month
|7 Day Free Trial|
Get full coverage of the Falcons 2023 season from ATL.
$74.99 / month
|Free 5 Day Trial|
Great budget option for watching the Falcons games that air in-market on local FOX affiliates, like WAGA-TV FOX 5 Atlanta.
$35 / month
An excellent option for local Falcons fans, but also for those who have moved out-of-market with NFL Sunday Ticket.
$72.99 / month
|14 Day Free Trial|
What channel is the Falcons game on today?
The Falcons play in the NFC, and as the channel with the TV rights to most NFC games through 2033, FOX will be an essential channel for watching regular season Falcons games. The local FOX affiliate in Atlanta is FOX 5, WAGA-TV. When the Falcons are facing an AFC opponent, some games may also be broadcast on CBS Atlanta 46, WGCL-TV. A handful of times each season, the Falcons will also play on national TV on ESPN, NBC, and Amazon Prime.
NFL coverage for each channel:
- CBS – In-market AFC games / some NFL Playoff games / Super Bowl LVIII
- FOX – In-market NFC Games / some NFL Playoff games /
- ESPN – Monday Night Football / some NFL Playoff games
- NBC – Sunday Night Football / some NFL playoff games
- Amazon Prime – Thursday Night Football
Can I watch the Falcons on Fubo?
Fubo offers full local Falcons coverage for NFL fans in the Atlanta TV market.
- Full local Falcons coverage. Watch the Falcons in-market on Fubo from the pre-season all the way through Super Bowl LVIII.
- Fast and easy to setup. fuboTV carries all the channels you need for watching NFL football and is easy and fast to setup, plus the service offers a 7 day free trial.
- Excellent choice for older family members. Having been Fubo customers on and off for years, the app is an excellent choice for older family members who might not be as tech-savvy.
- Follow your team feature. The ability to curate the Fubo experience by team goes above and beyond, with fuboTV even texting users in advance so they don’t forget when their favorite team is on.
- Extensive college football coverage. We have used the app extensively and highly recommend it for watching football. Fubo also carries the regional sports networks ATL sports fans need to watch the Hawks and is also a good option for following Georgia and Georgia Tech football this season.
- 4K upgrade
- Only 1,000 hours of DVR
- Lacks TBS and TNT
Can I watch the Falcons on Sling TV?
Watch FOX broadcasts from Atlanta on Sling TV Blue.
- Watch WAGA-TV FOX 5 for cheap. Although Sling TV only carries local channels in select markets, you can watch the Falcons games that appear on FOX on SlingTV Blue if you are in the Atlanta TV market.
- Budget friendly. Compared to Fubo, Sling Blue offers a savings of about $500 per year.
- Upgrade for Monday Night Football. There is also the option of upgrading to Sling Orange & Blue to get ESPN, and Monday Night Football, but this makes Sling too pricey to justify the cost.
- Doesn’t offer full Falcons coverage. Although NFL fans in ATL can get a good chunk of Falcons games with Sling TV Blue, there will be gaps in coverage. One solution is to add Paramount+ to Sling Blue to gain access to the Falcon’s games that air on CBS. Going this route would still save about $400 per year over most competing streaming services.
Can I watch the Falcons on DIRECTV STREAM?
DIRECTV STREAM carries the channels Falcons fans in the Atlanta TV market need to watch every game.
- Full Falcons coverage from Atlanta. Yes, DIRECTV STREAM carries all the channels you need for NFL action in the base package.
- Upgrade for Bally Sports Southeast. Additionally, the platform is a great choice for Atlanta sports fans because DTV carries Bally Sports Southeast, the regional sports network that broadcasts the Hawks and the Braves, in the “Choice” package.
- Watch UGA football. Although the majority of Georgia football games can be streamed on DIRECTV STREAM in the base package, upgrading to “Choice” ensures full coverage with the addition of SEC Network.
- Lacks NFL Sunday Ticket
- User interface lags behind competition
Can I watch the Falcons on Hulu + Live TV?
- Unlimited DVR
- Full coverage for local ATL Falcons fans
- NFL Network for international games. Hulu + Live TV carries NFL Network, a key channel for following the NFL’s growing lineup of overseas games, such as games played in London.
- Watch UFC PPV and Fight Night. I am a current Hulu + Live TV subscriber largely because of the ESPN+ bundle, which allows me to stream UFC events, including the Ultimate Fighter, direct from the Hulu app. This setup is way more convenient than having to switch over to the ESPN app and order from the ESPN+ tab, which can be frustrating on some devices.
- In-app UFC PPV purchases can be buggy
- Lacks Bally Sports Southeast upgrade
Read our Hulu + Live TV review.
Can I watch the Falcons on YouTube TV?
YouTube TV carries CBS, FOX, ESPN, and NBC, all the channels you need to watch the Falcons live online.
- Full Falcons coverage for local ATL fans + a 14 day free-trial
- 4K upgrade
- Longest free trial. At a generous 14 days, YouTube TV currently has the longest free trial in the industry for watching the Falcons for free.
- Innovative sports features. YouTube TV has innovated in the sports streaming space with features like Key Plays and Stats View. We also love the 4K plus add-on.
- Great for multilingual families. My wife is Japanese, and we are raising our kids to be bilingual. I WAS VERY IMPRESSED when I logged into the YouTube TV family share and saw how seamless the transition was from English to Japanese for my wife’s account. Atlanta is a growing city with an international population with thousands of families who would benefit from the seamless language transitions offered by YouTube TV.
- Watch the Falcons out-of-state. For 2023, YouTube TV is the home of NFL Sunday Ticket, which means Falcons fans can follow the team no matter where they live.
Read our YouTube TV review for sports fans.
How to watch the Falcons out-of-market
If you don’t live near Atlanta and want to watch every Falcons game, NFL Sunday Ticket, the NFL’s out-of-market premium package, is the best option.
YouTube TV + NFL Sunday Ticket
New for the 2023 season, YouTube TV now has the rights to NFL Sunday Ticket.
If you don’t live close to Atlanta, you can watch every 1 and 4 PM regular season Falcons game live without cable on NFL Sunday Ticket.
Why NFL+ is a great option for watching the Falcons and saving money
Atlanta Falcons player to watch – #70
When we tune in to watch the Falcons this season, we will have an eye on #70 LT Jake Matthews. Matthews’ 2023 salary will take a whopping $28,358,823 of salary cap space for the team this season. That is a mind-blowing number. It will be fun to watch the Falcon’s OL play to see whether they can keep the Falcon’s QBs upright.
Falcons fans can follow Jake Matthews on Twitter, here.
Watching the Falcons FAQ
Not usually, no. The NFL on CBS broadcasts AFC games, and the Falcons are an NFC team. You can watch the Falcons on Paramount+ when you are in-market for the game, and the Falcons are playing an AFC opponent, like the Broncos or Patriots.
No, you cannot watch the Falcons on Bally Sports Southeast, but you can watch in-market Braves and Hawks regular season games on the channel.
Except for nationally televised games, like Monday Night Football, the NFL broadcasts most games regionally based on zip code. As such, Atlanta fans in the Atlanta area or nearby markets like Augusta, Georgia, will have the easiest path to live-streaming Falcons games every Sunday on their local FOX and CBS affiliate.
Based on a review of the 506 Sports coverage maps, I would estimate that the following areas will be in-market for Falcons fans, which means most games will be on their local FOX affiliate week to week:
The tricky thing for Falcons fans is that the in-market territories for Atlanta games can fluctuate from week to week. The good news for Falcons fans who find themselves out-of-market for a given game is it is easy for the 2023 season to add NFL Sunday Ticket to YouTube TV.