Micheal Chandler got his wish, he will be one of the coaches on the next Ultimate Fighter, the UFC’s long standing reality series, opposite “The Notorious” Conor McGregor. Here is how to watch live online when the series debuts on May 30th on ESPN.
Every season of The Ultimate Fighter streams on ESPN+, and the Michael Chandler vs. Conor McGregor season will be no exception. What’s different this year is you can watch TUF 31 on ESPN as well. To watch this season’s TUF, as well as past seasons, MMA fans can signup for ESPN+ à la carte or get ESPN+ as part of Hulu + Live TV’s Disney+ bundle. Our top pick for watching TUF 31 is the sports centric fuboTV.
Which live TV streaming services carry ESPN?
You can watch TUF 31 on ESPN with the following live TV streaming services.
5 facts for TUF 31 viewers
- Watch on the ESPN app. When the show kicks off on May 30th, UFC fans can tune in from the ESPN app, either on mobile, tablet, or a smart TV.
- Hulu + Live TV carries TUF. Viewers can also tune in directly on Hulu + Live TV across all major streaming devices.
- Second TUF for Conor. McGregor’s TUF season opposite Urijah Faber is also available to watch on ESPN+.
- McGregor coming off a catastrophic injury. Some have questioned why Conor would be willing to fight again after the terrible leg injury he suffered against Dustin Porier.
- Michael “punching bag” Chandler. Some UFC fighters have questioned Chandler’s fight IQ and will to win after recent fights where he has taken major damage to please the crowd. Does Chandler want to win this fight, or is he set to take a beating to make the audience happy? It is possible that, having watched Conor’s Porier fight, Chandler is making the calculation that the Irish star is “washed up” and that the main event fight after TUF will be an easy payday.
Will TUF 31 actually happen?
Even though it’s been announced, TUF 31 is up in the air because of Conor’s drug testing requirements.
Tony Ferguson had been considered as a TUF coach
Prior to Dana White announcing Chandler, a former Bellator champ, as McGregor’s next opponent, Tony Ferguson, a popular UFC lightweight, had been under consideration to be a TUF coach. In fact, through his Twitter account, Ferguson seemed to believe he would be facing Conor.
The UFC picked Chandler to protect Ferguson from further damage
Ultimately, the UFC brass went with Chandler over Ferguson, presumably because Ferguson has suffered several vicious fighting injuries as of late, including a nasty KO at the hands of Chandler. In fact, it was after his KO of Ferguson that Chandler first called out McGregor.
The Ultimate Fighter Season 31 FAQ
It is very possible. In order to compete in the UFC again, Conor McGregor needs to be drug tested but he has yet to enter the USADA protocol.