MMA fans can watch UFC 288 live without cable on ESPN+ on 5/6/23. The Main Card starts at 10 EST from Newark, NJ.
Table of Contents
The Ultimate Fighting Championship 288 brings a packed fight card to the Prudential Center in Newark, New Jersey, on Saturday, May 6. MMA fans can catch the prelims on ESPN+ or with a Fight Pass subscription, but the main card will only be available via pay-per-view.
Alijamain Sterling will seek to defend his UFC Bantamweight title against the challenger, Henry Cejudo, a former two-division champion looking to regain the belt. The main card will also feature bouts in the Welterweight, Women’s Straw weight, and two featherweight matches.
If you want to save some cash, the UFC 288 bouts will stream for free on UFC Fight Pass in about six weeks.
UFC 288 is available for ESPN+ subscribers on PPV
The main card can only be viewed with an ESPN+ subscription. ESPN+ is available on Hulu + Live TV or al la carte.UFC Fight Pass is a stand-alone streaming service that offers MMA fans tons of content, including free streams of past PPV events. The early preliminary bouts will air live on Fight Pass, but the remainder of the event will only be available through ESPN+.
Main Card: 10 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Bantamweight: Aljamain Sterling (C) (-105) vs. Henry Cejudo (-115)
- Welterweight: Gilbert Burns vs. Belal Muhammad
- Women’s strawweight: Jessica Andrade vs. Xiaonan Yan
Bryce MitchellDiego Lopes vs. Movsar Evloev
- Featherweight: Kron Gracie vs. Charles Jourdain
Prelims: 8 p.m. ET (ESPN+)
- Lightweight: Drew Dober vs. Matt Frevola
- Light heavyweight: Kennedy Nzechukwu vs. Devin Clark
- Welterweight: Khaos Williams vs. Rolando Bedoya
- Women’s strawweight: Marina Rodriguez vs. Virna Jandiroba
Why we are watching UFC 288
The staff here at Streaming Stadium watches most every UFC event, and we will be ordering UFC 288 for $79.99. Here is why we will be watching:
- What will we see from Cejudo? Cejudo retired from the UFC three years ago without ever relinquishing his title belt. At age 36, the odds are heavily against him. According to CBS Sports’ Luke Thomas, UFC fighters over 35 weighing between 120 and 170 lbs. have just a 2-28 record. Both victories belong to Tyron Woodley.
- Is this the fight that costs Sterling his belt? Sterling won his Bantamweight title via disqualification, defended it in a rematch that was decided on a split decision, then defended it again with a match that was called due to injury in the first round. Unless Cejudo is a flop, he represents the greatest challenge that Sterling has faced.
- Will Gracie return to his roots? Kron Gracie is a well-respected submission grappler, but went with a striking style of fighting in his last match, a defeat back in 2019. Gracie will face Charles Jourdain, who is known as a striking fighter. After four years out of the octagon, fans won’t know which version they’ll get until the bell.
- Does the last-minute addition of Burns v Muhammad make sense for fans? After several injuries forced the UFC to cancel anticipated bouts, George Burns and Belal Muhammad agreed to a five-round fight in the 170-lb Welterweight group with a shot at the Championship on the line. Both fighters were not expecting to fight and were added to the card in April. The lack of prep time might be a factor but UFCs promise to give the winner the next shot at the title (after Covington v Edwards later this year) should motivate both fighters to take the match seriously.
- Can Diego Lopes demonstrate the skills to compete in UFC? Lopes was a participant on Dana White’s Contender Series in 2021 and finally gets the call-up to UFC competition. Lopes faces Movsar Evloev on the main card as one of the two featherweight men’s bouts. Lopes is also a short-notice add as a result of canceled fights.
Our main event prediction: Cejudo by KO in round 3. We also like Burns in the co-main.
Can I watch UFC 288 on Fubo?
No, Fubo doesn’t offer ESPN+, you cannot watch UFC 288 on Fubo.
Can I watch UFC 288 on DIRECTV STREAM?
No, UFC 288 isn’t available on DIRECTV STREAM.
Can I watch UFC 288 on Sling TV?
No, you cannot watch UFC 288 on Sling TV.
Can I watch UFC 288 on Hulu?
Yes, because Hulu + Live TV integrates the ESPN+ lineup directly in the Hulu app, you can watch UFC 288 with a Hulu + Live TV account, but will need to pay the PPV fee.
Can I watch UFC 288 on YouTube TV?
No, YouTube TV does not have the rights to air ESPN+, you can’t watch UFC 288 on YouTube TV.